We look forward to your upcoming visit to Echo Lake Country Club and expect that you will have an enjoyable time while at the Club. If you have any special needs or require special assistance for any reason, we ask that you call the Clubhouse at (908) 232-4141 prior to your visit in order for proper arrangements to be made. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of some of the Club’s policies and regulations in preparation for your visit to the Club.
DOWNLOAD GUEST INFORMATION LETTER
Cellular telephones, smartphones, texting and e-mail electronics may not be used on the premises of the Club. This includes the Clubhouse and Patio, the Golf Course and Practice Facilities, the Pool and the Paddle Tennis Facilities with the following exceptions:
- Medical doctors may use cell phones for emergency calls. Please keep these devices in silent mode.
- Members and guests may use their electronic media devices in the parking lot, preferably in a car, and in the Men’s and Women’s Golf and Pool Locker Rooms.
- Members and guests may use recreational media devices, such as a Kindle, iPad, etc. at the Pool. Holding a verbal conversation on a cell phone is not permissible within the pool area. Texting, playing games or reading on an electronic device, with the volume turned off, is allowed.
- Verbal cell phone conversations may be conducted outside in front of the Pool House, in the Parking Lot or in the Locker Rooms.
The purpose of our dress code is to provide Members and their guests with a guide to appropriate dress when visiting Echo Lake Country Club. Our Staff has been asked by the Board of Trustees to advise Members or their guests that if their dress is not in compliance with the dress code, they will be restricted from Club access or service until they comply with the code.
The dress code applies to all areas of the Club grounds including the Clubhouse, the Golf Course, the Practice Areas, the Paddle Facilities, the Pool and Parking Lots. Members are asked to use good judgment to help enforce the Clubhouse dress code.
Men’s Dress Policy
Ladies’ Dress Policy
- Slacks, golf shorts and collared shirts, turtle neck and mock neck shirts are standard required dress on Club grounds. Sweaters and pullovers may be worn over standard underneath attire. We ask that shirts be tucked into slacks or golf shorts at all times. T-shirts, denim jeans, cargo shorts or pants and warmup suits are not acceptable dress, unless otherwise noted.
- Warm-up suits and appropriate paddle attire are acceptable at the Paddle Tennis Facility.
- Bathing suits and pool footwear are acceptable only at the Pool Facility.
- Golf shoes, dress and casual shoes such as loafers and leather sandals are standard footwear on Club grounds. Sneakers, flip-flops and other such footwear are acceptable only at the Pool and Paddle Tennis Facilities. Paddle attire specifically tennis/paddle style sneakers will be permitted in the Donald Ross Room and Patio Lunch Service during the primary paddle season between October 1st and March 31st only.
- Slacks, golf shorts, capris, skirts or skorts longer than fingertips, golf shirts, sleeveless blouses of proper length, turtle neck and mock neck shirts are standard required dress on Club grounds. Sweaters and pullovers may be worn over the standard underneath attire. They must be of appropriate size, length, neckline and fit. Tube tops, tank tops, midriff attire, denim blouses or jackets, T-shirts, short shorts, cutoffs, jeans, cargo shorts or pants and warm-up suits are not acceptable dress, unless otherwise noted.
- Sleeveless dresses and sun back dresses are permitted only in the Clubhouse Facility.
- Warm-up suits and appropriate Paddle attire are permitted at the Paddle Tennis Facility.
- Bathing suits and pool footwear are acceptable at the Pool Facility.
- Golf shoes, dress and casual shoes such as leather sandals and loafers are standard footwear on Club grounds. Sneakers, flip-flops and other such footwear are permitted only at the Pool and Paddle Tennis Facilities. Paddle attire specifically tennis/paddle style sneakers will be permitted in the Donald Ross Room and Patio Lunch Service during the primary paddle season between October 1st and March 31st.
Children’s Dress Policy
Hats & Caps Policy
- Teens 13 years of age or older are asked to comply with the adult dress code policies. For children under the age of 13, we ask parents to encourage dress in compliance with our standard of acceptable casual dress. For example, collared shirts tucked into their slacks or shorts. Athletic footwear (sneakers) is acceptable.
- Flip-flops, beach or pool wear are only permitted at the Pool Facility. We ask the parents to comply with this request.
- Golf caps and hats are not permitted in the Clubhouse.
- Golf caps are permitted on the Patio for lunch and cocktail service. However, they are not permitted in the dining areas of the Patio after 6:00 p.m.
- Hats should be worn with the bill facing forward.
- Dressy hats, religious or health related head coverings will be allowed for appropriate occasions.
Dress Code by Club Area
- Donald Ross Room: Traditional golf/casual attire is permitted at all times.
- Fairway Room: Traditional golf/casual attire during the day. After 6:00 p.m., smart casual, which includes slacks, is appropriate.
- Wine Grill Room: Traditional golf/casual attire during the day. After 6:00 p.m., smart casual. On Saturday evenings, a jacket (tie optional) is required.
- Lobby Lounge: Traditional golf/casual attire is permitted every day of the week.
- Patio: Traditional golf/casual attire is permitted at all times.
- Golf Course: The dress code for all golfers should adhere to traditional golf attire. Traditional meaning slacks, capris, knickers, and Bermuda shorts, skirts or skorts longer than fingertips with a tucked-in shirt or top. Collared shirts including mocks and turtlenecks are appropriate. Short shorts, cutoffs, denim jeans, tank tops, midriff revealing tops, bathing suits, cargo-type pants or shorts, warm-ups, T-shirts with advertisements, and revealing clothing are not permitted.
- Pool Dress Code: Denim, of any color, is not permitted at the Pool, or in any area of the Echo Lake Country Club, at any time. Men are not permitted to wear tank tops in the pool area. T-shirts without collars are permissible in the pool area.
- Please remember that while in front of the Pool House and in the Parking Lot, women and children are required to wear bathing cover-ups and men in bathing trunks must wear a shirt as well. Wrapping oneself in a towel is not sufficient. Baseball caps can only be worn with the bill of the cap facing forward.
- Bathing suits, flip flops, cover-ups, and all other bathing attire are not permitted in the Clubhouse, on the Patio, on the Golf Course or in the Pro Shop, at any time. This includes the rear veranda area. Please use the lower parking lot to access the Pool and only enter the pool area through the Pool House if you are wearing swim attire.
The dress codes apply during the entire 12-month Club season, with the exception of special theme affairs where the appropriate attire/costume will be specified in the event announcement. The dress code will be strictly enforced at all times.
In accordance with the current New Jersey State Law, smoking is not allowed inside any building on the Echo Lake property. Smoking is prohibited on the Side Patio (over-looking the 18th green) on evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. when dinner is being served on the Patio. Smoking is allowed on the Back Patio (overlooking the Pool) during these times as long as food is not being served or unless specifically allowed. Smoking is permitted on the Golf Course.